Today was a good day (at least in terms of getting school work done). All subjects went smoothly. Math -all good, grammar-smooth, writing assignment-some grumbling but done in a reasonable amount of time, dictation and copy work-happy day, (The dreaded) Latin - they actually enjoyed it. Swim and gym class rounded out the official lessons for the day.
Right now, as I am typing this, the kiddos are working on their presentations for discussion group on Wednesday. They had to pick 3 items that say something about them and then they will do a short introduction to the group. It is difficult to pick an item that says something about who you are and what you like. They finally picked their 3 and now they are struggling about what to say. I am trying not to tell them. This is their introduction. What they want the other kids in the group to know about them.
Attitude wise-oh my-there is some serious attitude going on between brother and sister. Not pleasant at all. The bickering, the name calling, the hitting-pinching-smacking when they think they won't get caught. I want to pull my hair out. Mister B is the worst of all. Such disrespect for his sister and the poor sportsmanship he showed in gym class. I am very distressed. I am hoping this is just a phase and that all our talks of being respectful and what good sportsmanship is will start showing some results soon.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment