I wish I could say that so far this has been one of those homeschool weeks where I am the envy of all my friends. You know those weeks. The ones where your children are perfect angels. Where they eagerly pull out their school work and sit down and do it without any complaints. Where they are respectful to one another. The weeks when they are so helpful and engaged in whatever we are doing. This is not one of them.
I think the problem was Sunday. We spent the day with family celebrating my nephews birthday (this is a good thing) but we got home late after a day of sweets and treats that are not part of our normal diet.
Monday morning-I felt like all I did was argue with Mister B. Every subject was like pulling teeth. Except of course the fun stuff of swim and gym. Little Miss M was not much better. We did manage to get through it.
Tuesday started out okay. Until it was time to go over which math problems Mister B got wrong. Minor meltdown. Grammar was okay but no joy. Science-we did our experiment on which foods contain starch. You would think this would be a joyful experiment. Food, iodine, seeing the color change. All good, but,........."I wanted to choose that food first! You knew I wanted to do that! No!" Sibling love. We managed to get through the experiment- potatoes, bread, rice cakes contain starch. Celery, onion, and tomato do not.
Now comes another step on the I can't wait for this day to be over. History. It is now time for B to write up his biography on Charlemagne. "Why? Why, do I have to write another biography?! It is so booooorrriiinnnng! Do I have to include a bibliography? Why? Can I just write one paragraph today? I hate doing this!" I patiently explain the answer to these questions for what feels like the 100th time. Well, maybe not as patiently as say, time number 82.
Tomorrow we start a series of Structural Engineering classes. Tomorrow is another day. A new beginning. A chance to try again.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment