Thursday, March 18, 2010
Thursday. One more day done in a crazy week
Today we were at the Montclair Art Museum to take another great class taught by Miss Peg. Today's lesson was about sculpture. We saw a really cool abstract sculpture that when when light was shone upon it from above the shadows created a square box. All the kids were amazed by it. They also looked at some realistic sculpture and some Native American works. While in the gallery everyone was given a piece of paper to sketch what they wanted to sculpt. Then the kids went into the studio to create their own sculpture out of water bottles, wire, and pipe cleaners. I was bit disconcerted to discover that there were only enough supplies for each family to make one sculpture. It seems there were some people who just showed up with letting the museum know they were coming. My two could not agree on an animal to sculpt so I told them to each draw what they wanted and then we would combine them. I am now the proud owner of a sheepbird. I will post a picture later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment