Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Testing Update

This week the kids started taking their PASS tests. Monday they took the reading portion. They both felt pretty good about it.

Today Mister B did the math test and Little Miss completed about 1/2 of hers. She will finish her math test on Thursday and then the last portion is the language test which they will do on Friday. They were both a bit disconcerted by the amount of math on the test that they did not know. I told them ahead of time that there would be a fair amount on the math test that they probably would not know because we use a mastery program and the State uses a spiral program. I guess that little tidbit did not really register all that well based on their stress levels when they got to something they did not know.

I will be glad when this week is over and the tests mailed in to be graded. I am looking forward to finding out what areas I am weak in so that they can be addressed in the next school year.

No comments: