I went out on the ice on Wednesday and entertained my children with my face plant and butt landing. My PSA is this: If you are over 40 and can not ice skate wear protective gear. I landed hard on my left hand and was unable to really use it for 2 days. You don't realize how much you use your non-dominant hand until you can't use it at all. I did not break anything but it was very painful. It still hurts but I have gotten some mobility back in my wrist and fingers. My ice skating venture was fun but I think I will put my Olympic dreams aside and hang up my skates.
On the upside, the kids have made great improvements. They no longer cling to the wall when they get onto the ice. I do think they will benefit from a few more lessons so I am going to look into that for them.
Swim team practice starts on Monday. I don't know how being up and out of the house by 7:55 is going to work out.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment