Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ice Skating

Today the kids had their first ice skating lesson. Sure, they have been able to hobble their way around the rink but I decided it was time to actually learn how. I don't know how so off to the professional. They both did really well. Today they learned how to fall and some basic gliding techniques. They will have 4 more classes. I am hopeful they will be able to skate without hovering by the wall when the session is over.

After ice skating we headed off to Philosophy class. The kids learned how to meditate for 2 minutes to focus their minds. They discussed what are thoughts-invented or discovered. Mister B believes thoughts are out there waiting to be discovered and that is why 2 people can have the same thought. He is in good company. Plato thought the same thing. Why is their gravity? How discussing ideas with others helps you form them and they started exploring what is truth. How do you know something is true? Mister B said by the facts. 2 + 2 = 4. I know this because if I have 2 chairs and add 2 more I have 4 chairs.

Now if only the weather would cool off a bit it would be a perfect day.

No comments: