Today the kids had their second ice skating lesson. They are improving and enjoying it immensely. After the lesson they got to go to the open skating session. My friend convinced me to rent skates and go on the ice with her. This was very entertaining for my children and my friend. I have not been on ice skates in 23 years and I was never at all good at ice skating. I was that kid with the death grip on the wall. This is why my children are taking lessons. Long story longer, my friend helped me and I actually managed to make it around the rink without falling on my behind. I even managed to get about a foot away from the wall. As I glided slowly around the rink my friend told me "Before you know it you will be bending your knees." "What?!", says I. "It is not enough that I am managing to glide you also want me to bend my knees!" Well, maybe next week.
After ice skating we headed off to Philosophy class. The kids are enjoying it. Mister B really loves discussing things such as "Why is there gravity? Why is there something instead of nothing? and more" He also loves the brain teasers that they start with. Little Miss was all about the brain teasers and meditation today.
Tomorrow-an exciting afternoon at the dentist is on the calendar.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment