We headed off to our favorite art class at the Montclair Art Museum today. They learned about drawing with charcoal. In the gallery she took us on a tour of various still lives. Discussed perspective, shadows, etc. Mr. B definitely is drawn to Modern Art. Miss M seems to be leaning towards cubism but no definite forerunner. After the gallery we went down to the studio. Miss Peg has a variety of still lives (assortments of fruit in bowls, draped in fabric, in a bowl on fabric) set up on different tables. She then walked the kids through the different types of charcoal pencils and sticks and how to use them. My two loved the smudge effect. We all had a lot of fun making our drawings. Yes, I made one too. It has been over 20 years since I held a piece of charcoal in my hands to make a drawing. The kids liked my drawing so I guess I still have some talent.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment