Friday, June 26, 2009

Good News!

We took B to the orthopedist yesterday. We only had to wait a week to get an appointment after the ER visit. The good news is no broken ankle. The ER doc mistook a growth plate for a chipped bone. The orthopedist put B in a boot. This gives him some extra support while the bruising continues to heal. His difficulties in walking are due to the severe bruising. He should be out of the boot in a week or two.

While waiting for the doc to come into the room I was admiring the x-rays from the hospital. B has such beautiful bones. As we looked at them I told B that those beautiful strong bones are the result of good nutrition and exercise. Not everyone can say they were hit by a car and walked away with nothing but really bad bruises. My spouse was laughing at me for admiring his bones. Something my grandmother would do. Everything about her grandchildren is perfect and wonderful. I can't help it. They are good looking bones. All my efforts at providing nutrient dense food and limiting junk has paid off.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Yes, it most certainly has and DOES pay off to feed your children properly! I sometimes feel bad that I withhold so many "normal" foods from them. I wonder if I will come across as neurotic and only succeed to push them toward junk food when they are old enough to make their own choices.
But none of that really matters. I am making the choices for them right now . . . and they will be healthy choices. I hope and pray they will embrace those choices and make them their own. There is nothing else I can do!

So glad that he's okay, and it's not broken!