We ended our week by attending the 8-11 year old social at a local cafe. We meet monthly. The kids bring their favorite games to play and the parents talk.
It is very difficult to watch these poor unsocialized kids playing together. They form groups, play games, switch groups, walk around the room to talk to someone new, try a new game or play an old favorite. Today, one of the boys brought his Magnetix and there was a group of four of them making up a game and building their city and vehicles. It is tragic, really, their inability to just sit in a spot and not talk to anyone. I don't know how they get up in the morning.
Okay those last few sentences were a bit sarcastic but it gets tiring to hear how my kids won't know how to be social or relate to others. If only they could see this group of kids they would not say such silly things.
We are all looking forward to the weekend. The last track meet of the season is Sunday. I am not going to miss having to get them to practice 4 nights a week. Although my nightly walk at the track will need to be replaced with some other exercise. We are continuing the countdown to Miss M's birthday. She lets us know daily how many days are left. 4 if you were wondering.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just wanted to let you know that I love reading your blog. We have been considering homeschooling for some time and your blog just gives me a glimpse of what our future might look like. My kids are 5 (in ten days! as we are also reminded) 3, and 3 mos so I am sure our days won't resemble yours for quite some time but reading along really helps me see what joys await us as a family in learning. I feel like I have already learned so much from my kids that it is me who is being home schooled. In case you were wondering we are blog stalking you from Rhode Island :) Thanks for sharing your experiences, we appreciate it more than you know!
I am so happy you are enjoying my blog and took the time to let me know. Reading other people's blogs was one of the things that helped push me over the edge into homeschooling (a thought I contemplated for 2 years before it became a reality)and it tickles my heart to know that I am continuing in the tradition of helping others with a glimpse into our lives.
Post a Comment