Monday, June 1, 2009

Another week begins

A new week has begun. Since today is the first of June M is counting down to her birthday. Her birthday was the main topic for discussion today. Our morning started out as a typical day.

Math - M continues working on different ways of solving multiple digit multiplication. B is continuing adding and subtracting equivalent fractions.

Language Arts - M continues working with comparing adjectives. B - intensive pronouns.

For History they listened to Greek Myths on tape and created pictures of some of the stories they heard.

After the formal lessons we headed off to swim and gym. B was not behaving his best in swim class so he did not get to use flippers like his sister did. Instead of learning from this he decided the better route would be to take it out on his sister during gym class. Lots of discussion on personal accountability.

I have started purchasing our curriculum for next year. The "Yes, I am not changing my mind choices" are:

Math - We will continue with Math-U-See
Language Arts - Growing with Grammar, Writing Strands, and Zane Bloser Spelling
History -History Odyssey -Middle Ages
Science - R.E.A.L. Science for Kids -Chemistry


I am still torn on what to choose for Latin. I am pretty sure I am going to go with Latin Prep but every time I say "Yes, this is what I am doing." Someone will rave about Latina Christiana, or Minimus Latin and I start thinking ..."Maybe I should do that." I am also still trying to choose for Music Appreciation and Art. I am hopeful I will make a decision and stick to it in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: