Our day started off slow today. I woke up a few minutes after eight this morning to the sound of absolute silence. No one was awake. An unheard of occurrence in our home. I took advantage of this silence to start my day, alone. All alone. No one asking when, where, what, how or why. Just me. Yippee!
The silence did not last long. Once everyone was up we started our day. Long division and upside down multiplication for B. Triple digit subtraction, review of money and analog clock reading for M. For language arts M is working on library and dictionary skills. How to read a Table of Contents, The Index, and the Glossary. Where they are located and what they do. For B, we are working on how-to articles, proper and common pronouns.
We then headed to the library to pick up some books on Ancient Egypt and the Sumerians. Nothing says fun like mummies.
Once our trip to the library was complete we headed off to the Y for swimming lessons. They are doing wonderful. Today we added a Gym class right after the lessons. We observed the class last week and they loved it and wanted to participate. After being assured they would not be too tired after 45 minutes in the pool I signed them up. They had a blast. Some running exercises to get the heart rate going. Then an interesting game involving soccer balls and trying to knock a ball off and get back to your team. I was confused but all the kids were having fun. The final game involved those little scooter things (http://www.gymsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2734). First they had to sit on them and kick the ball with their feet. Then they had to lay on their stomachs and use their hands. The kids were definitely feeling it by this time and were starting to look tired. When class was over they wanted me to get the car and pick them up at the front door. We were parked all of 10ft from the front door. I made them walk to the car.
I am hopeful that they will sleep well tonight.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment