Friday, November 14, 2008

Field Trip to the Dentist

Today we returned to the Dentist to have B's cavity filled. The kids got to see all the equipment used and ask some questions. B opted for the Novocaine (which would have been my choice). He liked the Strawberry flavor of the stuff they put on your gums before they give you the Novocaine. Then they both looked at the giant shot. Which they calmed down about when they realized most of it is so the dentist can hold it. Afterwards B found it very funny that he could not feel his cheek and that he could only flare one nostril. That was half an hours entertainment.

We stopped at the Library on the way home so M could complete her work on Atlas' and Encyclopedias. She had to find 4 bodies of water in the Atlas. Once she chose her water she had to look them up in the Encyclopedia and write one interesting fact for each. She really had fun reading about the water. She chose the Atlantic Ocean, The Caribbean Sea, Lake Erie, & Lake Ontario for her 4.

When we returned home the kids were excited to see a package. They were even more excited when I told them what was in it. The next levels for their math curriculum. They have been doing really well with math this year. M has 4 lessons left and B has 8 in the levels they are in. We are using Math-U-See. I love this program. Math Dunce that I am I love that it comes with an instructional DVD that we can watch together. I love that they are really understanding what they are learning and that they actually like doing math. A very foreign concept to me.

Seeing your kids enjoy a subject you struggled with is truly rewarding.

No comments: