Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

It is so cold here. Old man winter is letting us know he is on the way. The beautiful sunshine was making it look all pretty and warm but it is a lie. Since the weather was so cold we decided to have Pajama Day. Yeah, Pajama Day! Who doesn't love a cold day spent snugly in warm pajamas?

Do you know what goes great with pajama day? Pancakes. What makes pancakes even better is children who know how to make their own pancakes. All those Practical Life Skills lessons are paying off. While I was upstairs making copies of what we need to work on our Ancient Egypt History pockets the kids made themselves a batch of pancakes. Mean mommy that I am, I said "No, you can not add chocolate chips."

Once we got breakfast out of the way we sat down to work. Money addition and subtraction for M. Long division, review of measurements, review of how to find the area of various shapes for B. Language Arts: Nouns for both of them. M-Singular Possessive. B-Count nouns, non-count nouns, common nouns. Science-observe the current experiment on photosynthesis. History-in case you forgot-Ancient Egypt for both. I discovered this morning that even though I know where the Sahara is (Africa) I was unable to locate it on our globe. A total Senior moment. Fortunately M likes using the Atlas and found it in there. Honest, it was not on the globe this morning even though it is clearly there now.

Some independent reading on mummies ended the day.

No comments: