We all had to go to "The Dentist" today for our check-ups. We were totally overdue for cleanings. Our primary lesson today was how not to treat your teeth. I showed the kids my x-rays and what will happen if you do not brush at least 2x a day and floss daily. They were properly repulsed by my mouth full of silver. Yes, I said silver. My fillings are that old. I know, silver fillings are bad and full of mercury but they are in fine shape and I am not going to break what isn't broken. I will replace them as the need arises.
Back to the children. B. has a cavity. We are going back on Friday to have it filled. Gone are the days when they would find a cavity and fill it right then and there. Have to get that second office visit for the insurance payment. I sound jaded, don't I? Fortunately, it is in a baby tooth but since that tooth is not going to fall out for a couple of years yet it is recommended that it be filled to prevent damage to the permanent tooth. The Dentist also recommended putting a sealant on his 6 year molars. I am not sure if I want to do that. I have lots of research to do between now and Friday.
The children also learned about the tools that are used to clean the teeth and that our dentist thinks it is fun to be a dentist.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment