Today we had a lesson in waiting around to have new tires put on the mini-van. A short lesson for the kids as their dad was with them at home for most of the wait. I was able to have engaging conversations with the other people waiting about the election and vaccines. The garage had Fox News on and they were showing Palin speaking in Ohio. Why anyone thinks this woman is qualified is beyond me. Then dad dropped them off with me about 10 minutes before the van was ready. That 10 minutes was an exercise in frustration. I'm thirsty. I'm hungry. When will it be time to leave. Then it was time to leave and they did not want to leave because there were 5 more minutes to the cartoon they were watching.
Settling in to do our school work for the day was challenging. They were not in the mood after a morning of play This is why I normally start the day with lessons. Everything was like pulling teeth. There was a major meltdown over having to think up conclusions as to how cells are alike, different, and similar. At least math was done without too much complaining.
We will be off to swimming lessons soon. I know that will put them in a better frame of mind. We are also going to see if we can observe the homeschool gym class after swimming so we can decide to sign up.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment