Monday, October 20, 2008

Not the best day

Today was an exercise in what not to do the night before. I had plans last night and left dad in charge. When I got home a few minutes before 9pm dinner had just arrived in the form of Dominoes pizza. Yuck! For some reason I thought hubby would stick to the routine. I don't know why I thought this but I did. You would think after almost 16 years of marriage I would know better. Eating right before bed does not produce a good nights sleep. So they went to bed later than usual and ate a lot before bed. That brings us to this morning.

Everyone wakes up late and grumpy! We had no productive class time. Everything was a battle so I decided to take them to Montclair Library for the monthly homeschool get together. We arrived late but there were people talking and milling about. B. met a boy his age and they hit it off. But the drama when we had to leave! Then we rushed to swimming lessons. One of the things I love most about homeschooling is being able to have lessons at 1:30 in afternoon. Very enjoyable.

Did I mention the tons of whining and undesireable behavior the two of them displayed toward one another? I know, typical sibling behavior but it was worse than usual. I can not wait until bedtime! They are going to bed on time so we can get back into the swing of things.

No comments: