Friday, October 3, 2008

A day in the life

I tried to keep the kids awake last night to watch the VP debate. They were both out cold 10 minutes in. I, however, found it fascinating. This morning when we started to talk about the election I discovered I have a lot to teach about government and the elections. I am working on creating a unit study this afternoon. I know I am working in my school house rocks dvd into this study. Sing it with me...(you know you want to)...I'm just a bill. Yes, I'm only a bill and I'm sitting here on capital hill......

We worked on that area of a trapezoid again today. Good news! We finally got it and were able to move onto the next lesson. I don't think I will ever forget base 1 + base 2, divide by 2, then x the height. At least that is what I think today. Ask me the formula in a few weeks and I may have a different answer.

Personal pronouns were on the table for the 5th grader. Singular, Plural, 3rd person. So much to remember. You would have thought I was asking for blood when he was asked to write a paragraph using 6 pronouns. Who can find the personal pronouns in that last sentence? For 3rd grade we are still working on constructing a paragraph. Today she chose a topic and diagrammed it. Next week we will write the paragraph. My little cutie was trying to charm me with her chosen topic: Loving my family.

We are off to the grocery store to do a study in unit prices and what makes the better deal.

No comments: