Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays

2011 is winding to a close.  This week we have focused on Hanukkah.  We have 2 menorahs.  No arguing over whose turn it is to light the candles.  This year we tried something new and so far it has been working.  Mister B lights the match and lights both shamash and Little Miss M says the prayers.

Yes, I let my child strike a match.  I realized last year that he was 12 going on 13 and should probably know how to light a match.  After years of "Don't play with matches" well, he needs to know how to light a match.  It is a life skill.  There isn't always a lighter around.  He used kitchen safety matches and practiced over the kitchen sink.  If I could find a book of matches I would have him practice with those, too.  Remember when restaurants gave out matches.  They don't really do that anymore since no one can smoke in a restaurant anymore.

My mini-rant on being unable to procure free matches is now over.

From our family to yours.....Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year.

No comments: