Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Met

Today we returned to The Met (http://www.metmuseum.org) for a one hour tour of ancient Greece and Rome.  Our tour guide was very informative and really was able to engage the group.  I always find museums much more enjoyable when there is a knowledgeable tour guide.  Without a good guide, just how many Greek urns can you look at?

Just finished our dirty water dogs outside the museum.

I made them to pretend to run as we always do when we go to the met.  Little Miss M was not totally feeling the moment

They shared a moment of kindness as they looked at weapons.

They are learning about a little stand with Medusa on it.

In Ancient Rome they are learning how sculpture has changed over the years from the stiff poses to more realistic.  Here they are also learning that Cupid's father is Chaos.

The end of a successful day.  We are on our way to get pretzels.
















I hope to return soon for more museum fun.

No comments: