The week is almost over and I feel as though nothing got done. Or more accurately, nothing I planned got done. Lessons are progressing and this week was filled with activity.
Tuesday: The kids had music class. They learned about flats and sharps. Thankfully, we have a wonderful music teacher because the only thing flats and sharps brings to my mind is forks and knives.
Wednesday: Discussion Group. We watched Jumanji and everyone brought in their favorite board game. Everyone gave a little presentation about the game they brought in and why it was their favorite. They discussed the different games. Then they discussed the movie-likes and dislikes, actions and consequences, and if they would like to play that game. Then they discussed an essay by Benjamin Franklin and how life is like a game of Chess. The discussion finished off with their breaking into teams and playing a Jumanji trivia game. They had a great time.
The bathroom renovation continues. The plumbing and electrical inspector come tomorrow and the building inspector comes on Monday. One day I will have a bathroom.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment