Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ready for the Week-end

This has been one fun filled week.
Wednesday-Philosophy. The group had an interesting discussion on dignity and what it means to protect their dignity and what a dignified person looks and acts like.
Thursday-a typical school day. Math, grammar,history, science. Nothing earth shattering in any of these events.
Friday-a fun social day. First we headed out to Panerra's to meet up for lunch with a group of friends. The kids played various games and the parents chatted. It was a nice way to spend some time and pick up some new homeschooling resource tips.

After that we headed home with a couple of friends. Little Miss had a few friends over and Mister B had a friend, too. The girls created a game outside - they set up chairs around the giant melting puddle of snow at the end of the driveway and were pretending they were in a paradise. Dipping their feet into that puddle (it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday). I walked away and tried not to think about all the dirt and ice melt in that puddle They were having a good time. After a couple of the girls went home the remaining friend tried to teach Little Miss to knit. I have tried this in the past (not that I am so great. I have only managed to knit a scarf). Her friend was not anymore successful then I had been but they had a good time.

Mister B and his friend did what most teen boys do. Played the Wii. Normally, I do not like all the time to be devoted to video games but his friend was only here for a little over an hour and they are of an age where Mister B gets a bit more freedom in his choices.

Now we are ready for the weekend. My sister is coming into town and leaving my nephews with me for a sleepover. The kids are psyched to see their cousins. They live in DC and we only get to see each other a couple of times a year.

No comments: