Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chugging along

This is school work light week. Mister B's Bar Mitzvah is coming up fast so we are taking this week to focus on practicing his Torah portion, the prayers for Friday night and Saturday morning services, party planning and his mitzvah project.

Little Miss went back to the boutique where we purchased her dress for alterations. We are adding straps (much to her disappointment. She dreams of the day she can wear strapless even though I keep explaining how much better it is to have straps) and shortening the gown to tea length. We go back on Friday for another fitting before the seamstress finishes it off.

Mister B got his suit. I have to get myself over to the store to pick it up now that the alterations are complete.

I have coordinated with the synagogue and the photographer (and most importantly my hair stylists) for our shots in the sanctuary (can't do them on the Sabbath).

I still need to find shoes to go with my dress. The shoes are either orthopedic or have 5 inch stilettos. Neither of which I am finding appealing.

The Mitzvah project: Mister B is collecting donations for The Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge (http://www.rbari.org/). The only no-kill shelter in our county. Since we rescued a dog last year this is meaningful to him.

Tomorrow the kids have discussion group. It should be fun. They all read The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. We are planning a trip to The Met to see if we can find all the things mentioned in the book.

No comments: