Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIF

I am so happy this week is over. It has been a busy week. Discussion group was a lot of fun. All the kids presented something they have been working on at home. B-chose his tooth is soda experiment and M talked about Muslims and their prayer practices. From the other kids we learned a bit about the Mayans, The Revolutionary War, and Ancient Egypt.

Thursday I made everyone get up early because the contractor was supposed to be arriving at 8. At 8:30 I called him only to find out he was not coming. Why do all contractors have such lousy communication skills? Lessons went well. The fun part was boiling red cabbage to make litmus paper and the discovery that my kids like boiled red cabbage. They each ate a big plate full. Now if they would just eat it raw.

Today we had our monthly social gathering. They had a lot of fun working on their interpersonal skills, negotiating skills, and critical thinking. After a couple of errands-had to pick up the forms to register them for track and field and pick up some groceries we finally arrived home. Now they are outside enjoying this somewhat warm afternoon.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

It sounds like you were born to school your children. You are doing such a fantastic job!

Our Homeschool Adventure said...

Thanks, Larissa. I get all my inspiration from you.