Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A couple of Grumposauruses

I can't say this week has gotten off to a banner start. My in-laws were over on Sunday bringing with them all the Chanukkah presents from the celebrations we missed due to the weather. There visit was great. The kids had an awesome time. But, they were up way past their usual bedtime and up at their regular time. Grumpy. In spite of all the grumbling we managed to get through math and grammar before it was time to leave for swim and gym. I thought the physical activity may help them work out some of their bad attitudes but that was a pipe dream. Grumpy, grumpy. I made them go to bed somewhat early.

Tuesday: Plenty of sleep but the contractor was back and lets face it-watching him is way more exciting then what we were doing. Lots of distractions but we actually managed math, grammar, and history. Plus, they prepared what they were going to present at discussion group today. Each child will be talking about something they are learning.

This brings us to today. Wednesday. I made everyone go to bed on time since the contractor was coming at 8am today and we had to be up and ready before then. Which we were. I even got up at 5:30 to exercise (I have been doing really well with working out every morning and I wasn't about to mess that up). Contractor comes. I show him where the guy got paint all over B's blinds (so not happy) and inquired why they didn't ask me how to get the blinds down if they were having difficulty. No answer to that. Then the contractor starts bringing everything back out to his van. What the "expletive"? thought I. Is he quitting? No. Turns out he realized he needs to be here to supervise the work and he couldn't be here today so they will be back tomorrow at 8am. Long story longer, we did manage to get a little school work done before we have to leave for discussion group. However, the children are still really grumpy from the schedule change.

I will be very happy when he is done with all the work and things can go back to normal.

No comments: