This week ended on a good note. Lessons went off without a hitch on Thursday and Friday. Well, maybe a small hitch or two but overall they went well. Science had fallen off the radar last week so we caught up on our chapter on titration. This coming week - science experiment. Yay!
B continues to work on his Biography of St. Francis of Assisi. He will finish that up this week. Mean mom that I am he has to write the entire thing in cursive. In the upcoming week M will be wrapping up her unit on the Rise of Islam during the Middle Ages and move into Vikings. I am actually very excited for this because I know next to nothing about them. I love learning with my kids.
On Friday the kids tried their hands at soap carving. Mr. B has expressed an interest in whittling and I thought soap was a good way to start. No sharp knives needed. They both loved it. I had them each make a heart. Simple and easy way to get a feel for the tools (Popsicle sticks cut into a knife, chisel, and gouge). We are using this book: http://www.amazon.com/Soap-Carving-Children-Schiffer-Woodcarvers/dp/0764308599/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1263087595&sr=8-1 Now all I need to do is invest in some more ivory soap.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You rock, mom!!! What a great project and a fantastic way to learn those skills! I can't wait to do these things when mine are older!
Aww, thanks for the compliment.
Post a Comment