Today was our first really lousy weather day. Rain, rain, and more rain. I did not feel like teaching and the kids did not feel like sitting and learning so once we got through our math lesson I loaded them into the car so we could grocery shopping for Rosh Hashana. For some reason, having the family at our house seemed like a good idea. It was a great idea until I realized I had to cook a large meal. Right now I have prepped the brisket and it is in its pan in the fridge to sit overnight (thanks mom for the best brisket recipe ever) and the chicken soup is simmering on the stove. Tomorrow I will make the brisket, matzoh balls, noodle kugel, and one more yet to be determined side dish that involves carrots. Oy Vey! Sunday we will experiment with making our own Challah. This way if it does not work out I will still be able to buy one on Monday.
La Shanah Tovah!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment