Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another Beautiful Day

We are taking full advantage of the gorgeous fall weather. Today we attempted to hold History class outside. We also decided it would be fun to do it picnic style rather than at the table. So we lay out a blanket, kick off our shoes and settle in. We are going along in our book about Mesopotamia and The Fertile Crescent. Talking about Nomads, how they became farmers, the domestication of animals, etc. when my darling daughter lets out a very loud scream of "There is a bee on my shoe!" Followed by general screaming. Truly my daughter-for I would have loved to do the same thing-but I am the grown up. I have to be mature and calm (even when screaming on the inside). I bravely picked up her shoes and walked over to where the children were quaking by the door. We wisely continued the lesson inside. I do not need to be that up close and personal with the bees. I know they are vital to life on earth and I do love honey but when they fly by I get the message that I should move on.

Once History was over (which was not much past the bee incident due to loss of concentration) we decided to go on a picnic in the park.

For some inexplicable reason the multiple bees in the park were not as terrifying as the one on the shoe. Truly amazing.

No comments: