Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

The holidays are over.  We are all rested and recovered from our New Years Eve celebrating and today we jumped back into school.  With my resolve strengthened from our school break I am making an effort not to raise my voice (yell) so much. 

Me, yell?  How can that be?  Don't my blog posts practically shimmer with the joy and rainbows that is homeschooling?  A little secret...It is not all unicorns and cupcakes.  Some days I want to load them into the car and drop them off at the local school and let someone else deal with them.  I may have mentioned that before but I have been feeling it with greater intensity lately.  Hormones. Theirs not mine.  Well, sometimes mine.

Today started off decently.  After the initial raising my voice moment I sat down with them and reminded Mister B and Little Miss M that I need their help in achieving that goal. 

They both got back into the swing (for the most part).  I think today had the crowning achievement of Little Miss writing 2 Haiku.

Flowers grow in dirt
They need water and sunshine
or they will not grow

Family is good
They are very important
You need them always

Also for 2013, in an effort to focus on the positives in our lives we have started a good things jar. (Right now it is a ziploc bag but it will be a jar).  When something good happens you write it on a scrap a paper and put it in the jar.  At the end of the year we will read all the good things that happened.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love that idea...of the "good things" jar. We are going to implement that starting today!

Sometimes it's too easy for us to forget the little (wonderful, sweet) things that happen each day and remember only the down face of one child when I say, "well, you see, honey, this a rough draft, so, yes, you do have to rewrite this...again." :) Thanks so much!

Jamie