Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slowly Starting

We have not officially started school yet but some of you may recall that I wanted the kids to finish their math from last year before this school year starts. This week they picked up math and started.

Did they start willingly? No. Is there a lot of grumbling and complaining? Yes. Are they doing it? Yes.

They might not be happy but I am. On Monday they stared at it and said "I don't know how to do this." It only took a few minutes for the brain to start working it out. Now it is Thursday and they are still not thrilled since it is still "summer vacation" but they have figured out that if they sit down and do it they can move on to summer fun.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Starting slowly is a good thing!

I am so glad to be back in our routine. I always enjoy the break - but am always glad to be back into it. I am a school nerd! I LOVE it! :)