Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Snow

Snow! More snow! When will it stop? I am ready for Spring. It is time for Old Man Winter to let go. Rant done. Thank you for listening.

In other news, a productive day at Howard Academy. The kids did their math lessons with a minimum of grumbling. B is working on subtracting mixed number fractions. This is easier then I remember it being when I was his age. Perhaps my mother is right and it is all my math phobia is the fault of my second grade teacher. M continues with basic division, reviewing measurements (yards to feet), and review of multi-digit multiplication and subtraction.

Grammar - M continues working in pronouns and B is learning about Helping Verbs.

History- M finished her unit on Vikings and will be moving on to the Danes. B finished up the Carolingians and will be writing a Biography on Charlemagne.

Tomorrow we have Discussion Group where they will be discussing the differences between the book Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief and the movie.

No comments: