Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

A new week and everyone is healthy except me. I hate the change of season cold I get every year. However, I digress. Monday was started off in its typical way. B is working on Roman Numerals in math. They can be tricky. He is almost done with Ancient Egypt. I feel like we have been there forever but there is so much to cover and it is just so interesting. M is working oh her 4 times table, learning about Stonehenge, and present, past, and past participle verbs. On her own she is reading about Sea Turtles.

Swim and Gym as usual in the afternoon. In swim they worked on turning in the water. They are more advanced swimmers than I ever was. Gym-after warm ups they played soccer.

The new addition to Monday is Track and Field. Both kids decided they wanted to try it out this year. M trains on Mondays and Wednesdays. B trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You know where I will be spending a lot of time over the next 3 months. M started last night and let me tell you-it was freezing last night. Low 40's and only getting colder as the sun went down. It is no fun to stand out there in the cold. M had a great time-even though she was cold. Next time maybe she will listen when I suggest she wears a hat. Lots of lap running yesterday. They also played some running games and learned proper stretching techniques.

B starts tonight and it will be about 1 degree warmer than last night.

No comments: