This morning we had cooking class. I forgot the camera-so no pictures. I will do my best to describe the class. The kids were super excited to be wearing their new aprons and to be using their new knives. They are now the proud owners of their own 7" Santoku style knives. We spent a fair amount of time talking about and practicing knife safety. Today they made a breakfast burrito and a bean and cheese burrito. For the breakfast burrito they chopped potatoes, cracked eggs, took turns stirring the onions and learned how to make folded eggs as opposed to scrambled. Add some cheddar cheese and wrap. They used kidney beans for the bean burrito. They mashed them with a fork and added cheddar cheese and wrapped them up. While the burritos warmed in the oven they chopped some tomatoes for a fresh salsa.
M loved both kinds of burritos. B only liked the breakfast one. I thought they were both delicious.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment