Week 3 and so far things are moving along well. So far this week I have managed to be patient and understanding. How does that saying go.....G-d grant me the patience to accept the things I can not change. My kids are kids. With the normal ups and downs and envelope pushing tendencies of kids. Some days their behavior has me hiding under the covers chanting that murder is wrong and other days I embrace their natural curiosity. I am only human after all.
Little Miss M has been working on her vocabulary words (she got 90% on her test of last weeks words), diagramming simple subjects and predicates, learning the difference between fact and opinion, reading The Endless Steppe, adding and subtracting mixed number fractions, finding the volume of cubes and rectangles using fractions, and observing different environments using all of her senses. Okay, she refuses to lick a tree but she is using the other senses.
Mister B has been busy with his vocabulary words (he got 100% on his test of last weeks words), diagramming compound subjects and predicates, reading The Giver, learning the rules of writing, brainstorming ideas for writing, converting fractions to decimals and decimals to percentages, figuring out sales tax and tips, studying about a Sumerian astronomer, and learning about following the rules of society and why we do follow those rules and what we learn from the various social groups we belong to.
Tomorrow they will be dissecting a frog. I had originally thought we would go with a virtual dissection but a friend called me and asked if I wanted to join her on the dissection. I thought, well, even though we are really not up to that this opportunity landed in my lap so I should go for it. I will post about it later in the week.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment