Saturday, April 16, 2011

Update

I realized today that I have been horribly neglectful of my blog.  Sorry mom, I know you like the updates.  Life has a way of interfering.  The whole "man plans, G-d laughs" thing.  Lots of running around with miscellaneous stuff.  Passover starts on Monday and even though I am not hosting a Seder this year I am bringing food.  For the first night I am bringing Farfel Puffs:

FARFEL PUFFS
A delicious, easy Passover dinner roll created by  Idele Deutsch. Recipe from  California Kosher, ©1991 by the Women's League of Adat Ari El, North Hollywood, CA
3 cups hot water
8 cups farfel (matzo meal or crumbled matzos)
8 eggs, beaten
6 Tbsp lower fat margarine
Salt & pepper to taste

     Place farfel, margarine and seasonings in a large bowl. Pour hot water over all; mix and let cool.
     Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly spray muffin or cupcake tins with nonstick vegetable spray. Add eggs to farfel mixture and blend well. Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Yields approximately 24 rolls.
Per roll: 204 Cal; 4gm Fat; 36gm Carb; 80mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium; 1gm Fiber; 7gm Protein. Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch; 1/2 Meat; 3/4 Fat.

I add sauteed onions and carrots to mine and I use butter.  So yummy.

For the second night I am bringing the puffs, garlic rosemary mashed potatoes (http://theshiksa.com/2011/04/01/yukon-gold-mash-with-rosemary-and-garlic/), and chocolate chip meringue.

While I have been busy getting ready for the holiday Mister B and Little Miss M have been moving forward in their lessons.  Fractions, percentages, Catherine the Great, animal habitats, and the constellations are a few of the things being studied.

At philosophy this past week they talked about dreams and thoughts and are dreams thoughts or something else.  Things to ponder.







No comments: