With Passover being this week and the town schools being closed we have been taking the week off from school. However, yesterday they did go to discussion group. They talked about The Lorax, the genius of Dr. Suess, the message of the story, and a story put out by the logging industry called The Truax. It seems the logging industry thought this was a book about them. This led to a discussion of bias and how one must see who is sponsoring (funding) the story (propaganda). They also discussed why we never see the Once-ler, if the Lorax is supposed to resemble Teddy Roosevelt, and different kinds of protest (civil disobedience-chaining yourself to a tree vs. violence-spiking trees so loggers get injured or killed).
I also wanted to update the recipe I used for the Matzo Kugel. After talking to my mom I used her recipe because I like it better.
Individual Matzo Kugel (Puffs)
1 1/2 c Matzo Farfel
1 1/2 c boiling water
1 1/2 tsp shortening (I used butter)
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs well beaten
Combine farfel and water and let stand for 30 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Preheat oven to 400°
Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray (or grease them).
Fill cups half way.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from tin as soon as possible and cool on wire racks.
Makes 12 servings.
I also chopped up some onion and carrots and sauteed them lightly and added them to the mixture. I have also done this recipe with chopped broccoli, and really any vegetables I have had on hand it always comes out delicious.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment