Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A new week

A friend of mine put her struggles to get into a routine on her blog recently. I read it and thought "Wow, that is so me." These past couple of weeks I have been getting the 3Rs but not much of anything else, First there was Thanksgiving. Now there is Hanukkah. Now it is making the Holiday gifts for my husband's clients.

Side note: This year I am making Chocolate Peppermint Sticks using semi-sweet and white chocolate. Very tasty. Here is the recipe:

8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint sticks
1/4 cup shredded coconut (I know, yuck, coconut, but it really adds a nice richness without the coconut taste)

Melt chocolate in double boiler. Mix in peppermint and coconut. Spread onto wax paper into a rectangle approx. 5" x 8". Cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Using a sharp knife cut into sticks.

Back to my homeschooling-or lack of these days. Some days it is difficult to find the balance. Some days I have to remind myself that even though they are not learning what I want them to learn they are learning. If they weren't they would never be able to argue as intelligently as they do with me.

So to my friend who is struggling with finding her groove and lost in distraction. Take heart, you are not alone.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

I *think* you might be talking about me ... and even if you are not talking about me ... you really are! :)

That recipe sounds super yummy!!

Thanks for sharing your struggles!!! It really helps to hear that I am not alone out there!

Our Homeschool Adventure said...

I am talking about you. Were your ears ringing?