Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crazy Week

I feel as though I have been neglecting my blog with all the general craziness. On the academic front we have been pretty light. I am happy to get in Math and Grammar. Between making those peppermint sticks and the project of oiling my unfinished wood floors it is a miracle I have been getting anything done. Yes, you read that correctly. Every day this week I have been down on my hands and knees with a rag and a solution of vegetable oil and vinegar cleaning and polishing a section at a time. The parts I have completed look pretty darn good. I have no idea why I took on this project now. It is not as if I am wallowing in spare time. However, I did, and I will just have to finish over the next week.

Today the kids had philosophy class. Another good class. Today they had
a deep discussion about if something is called by another name is it the same. They focused on chairs. What makes a chair. They agreed-it has 4 legs and a seat. Then Mister B said-well, a dog has 4 legs and you can sit on it. Does that make it a chair? Good question. Which brought them around to intent. A dog is not intended to be a chair. A bench can be a chair.

No comments: