Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

The rest of the week was pretty mellow. Due to my car being at the mechanics we have been housebound. Yesterday was a typical school day and then Little Miss had her last book club meeting at the library. They read Fantastic Mr. Fox and watched the movie. Then they discussed the differences. From there we headed to the track for track and field practice.

Today a friend took Mr. B to his film making club (still no car) and Little Miss had a couple of friends over for her monthly Girl's Social. Then as we were eating dinner I was talking about how they would change into their track uniforms and we would head over for the team picture and practice. Then the light bulb went on. I realized I had not heard from the mechanic and I still did not have a car. I called over and was told "Not ready yet. Hopefully, tomorrow. I'll call you when it is ready." Um, okay, thinks I, but I really need my car. So we walked to the track in the nasty humidity. Not fun. Fortunately a friend gave us a ride home after practice.

I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow since Mister B has a birthday party to go to about a half hour drive from here and my spouse is working tomorrow. I am sure a solution will present itself.

No comments: