I realized today that it has been quite a while since I updated. Life with teens has a funny way of cutting into my blogging time.
The big news here is that Mister B's PSAT scores arrived in the mail today. Big sigh of relief-I have not ruined him for life and chances are he will get into a decent college. He did just fine. Everything exactly where I expected it to be. Now an action plan is being put in place for next year. Never hurts to try for a National Merit Scholarship.
Mister B is having a busy school year. His online writing class has been an exercise in time management. Perhaps he will even master it by the end of the year. In spite of his scheduling challenges the class is going well. First there was the essay about him. Then the persuasive essay. Currently he is working on a short story. He is doing well in the class but I don't think my main goal is being met. I was hoping the class would help make the writing process easier for him but I don't think it is working. Perhaps by the end of the year.
Little Miss M is also having a fine year. Last year she loved all things science. This year she told me she is enjoying her civics class more than science. What is not to love about learning about our constitution and why we have ethics and civics. She is also loving her rainbow loom. I think it is great that the loom entertains her for hours. I certainly prefer stepping on little rubber bands instead over legos.
They are both still swimming and loving it. Mister B is still swimming for the club team and the high school. The high school season just started and Mister B is a little upset that the coach wants him to continue doing distance. He prefers sprinting. You want to sprint-get faster. Little Miss continues to work hard and will be trying out for the high school team next year.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment