Oh, my! Halloween is already upon us. Where in the world did October go? These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Swim practices, schoolwork, Hebrew High, laundry. So much to do, so little time.
This past week we have been working on the Tennessee Williams play "The Glass Menagerie". Mister B has been having an issue with the phrase "Gentlemen Callers". He thinks it sounds weird. I suppose it is a bit old fashioned but I think it needs to make a comeback. A time of charm and grace and not honking and general rudeness.
I love the play. Mister B and Little Miss M seem to have tolerated the play. As I was explaining to them it is difficult to read a play. It is meant to be performed, not read. You have to pay attention to stage direction and picture it in your head. Not an easy task.
This afternoon we watched the movie-with Katherine Hepburn. And I even recognized a young Sam Waterson. Who knew, besides my mother, that he was more then a lawyer on Law and Order? Okay, I knew that but I can't recall seeing him in anything else. But, I digress. My children's big observation. "They didn't have the screen like in the play." Very astute.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment