The days continue to fly on by. We are busy as bees. School work, swim, sleep. Repeat.
Lessons are progressing. Some days I take a deep breath and say "Wow, they are learning." Other days the thought is "Holy Moly, I am messing them up for life!" I try to keep those to a minimum.
Today I was working with Little Miss on her note taking skills. She was reading about India (side note-I think the only thing I learned about India when I was in school is that there is a country called India and they think cows are Holy) and The Golden Age of the Gupta Dynasty. I said to her "Golden Age is in italics. That means it is probably important and you should write it down." She wrote down Golden Age of India and moved on. So then I said "What about the Golden Age?' And she said " That is the only part in italics." You can see why sometimes I think I am messing them up for life. Then came the lengthy explanation about how 1 week from now when she looks over her notes will just seeing "The Golden Age" be enough for her to remember facts about it? Would you believe she actually tried to argue with me?
Note taking disaster aside, the kids had music class. They do love that class. The teacher was happy that they remembered a lot of the stuff they learned last year. Today they started learning about the 3 minor scales. They already know more than I because I had no idea there was more than 1 minor scale. Someone in the family will know how to appreciate music.
After music I dropped Mister B off at the high school for some pre-season swim team endurance training. He really enjoys working with the weights. Here is something I never thought I would ever say, but, I think I may end up purchasing some sort of weights/weight machine one of these days.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment