Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wrapping up the School Year

This is our last official week of the school year.  We will take next week off and then summer school will begin.  The children are not too thrilled with it but they know it has to happen since we had those 2 really light months leading up to Mister B's Bar Mitzvah.

That said, Little Miss has been very enthusiastic about her lessons this week.  She has approached them with energy and delight and has been finishing up everything by 11.  Mister B, well, he is less then enthused.  He is dragging himself to the table, dawdling his way through the morning, and being a general grump.  Not to mention the constant "I am getting a drink.  I am going to the bathroom.  I am going to stretch my legs." Then he has the nerve to be annoyed that his sister is done and he is still working at 4pm.  Today he has started an outline for the essay he is going to write on Religion and the founding of America.  From the head banging, groaning, and heavy sighing you would think he was being asked to perform in a drama.

Yesterday for Discussion Group we had a year end party.  The kids were thrilled.  They all had a great time playing games, eating pizza, and enjoying each others company.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I deal with that too. My oldest has attitude issues a lot when it comes to school. My second one will be done super quick and then my oldest will be mad about it and say silly things ... like, "I wish I was in 1st grade"