Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Update

We are still figuring out a schedule that works for us. Mister B is not happy because his work load is so much more then his sisters. Little Miss is not happy because her work load is so much more then last year. Over the next few weeks I am sure we will find a cycle that allows everyone to be happy or at least more efficient. I know it is really the lack of efficiency that is driving me crazy. I am finding myself torn between allowing them to take as much time as they need to finish an assignment and just telling them to stop so we can move on to the next thing. I don't want to tell them to stop because that is one of the things I hated about the public school day. On the other hand, some things they take so long with that we then don't get everything done that day and it has to bump to the next day and throws off my schedule for the week. I try to keep my perspective. I try to be flexible (a definite weak spot with me. I like my plans and my schedules). I try to remember it is not about me and my schedule but about them and their abilities. Balance. It is all about balance. One day soon I will find the balance.

So far this week (and my gosh, it is only Tuesday) we have accomplished a few things.

Mister B: Took his final exam for MUS Epsilon. He passed. Although, the final did show some areas where we need to do a little refresher. Today he started Zeta. Let us give a cheer for exponents! Grammar: Demonstrative Pronouns. History: The Stuarts and Oliver Cromwell, map work on England. Science: Observations-Listing 5 things that change rapidly and 5 things that change slowly. Are they alive? How can you tell? What do you think is happening when it is changing slowly? Literary Analysis: Continuing with Riki Tiki Tavi. Parts of a plot, writing your own short paragraphs, and a fun crossword puzzle. Vocabulary from Classical Roots-Mono, Geography, Gym class. & Swim Practice (Go Bergen Sharks!)

Little Miss M: Continuing work on Long Division. Grammar-Diagramming compound subjects and predicates. Science-reading about frogs. History-The Great Fire of London and Mary Queen of Scots. Vocabulary from Classical Roots-Cycl & Circl, Geography, and Gym Class.

No comments: