Today has been a very busy day. We started with a field trip to Seeing Eye (http://www.seeingeye.org) where we learned all about seeing eye dogs. It was very interesting learning the history and what is involved for the dogs to become seeing eye dogs. First a family fosters a puppy (I so want to do this but I don't think I could give the puppy up) and then the dog is returned to Seeing Eye for training. It takes 4 months of training before the dog is ready to be matched up. One of the facts I found the most interesting was that only 2-3% of the blind population utilizes a seeing eye dog.
After our field trip we headed off to swim and gym class. A typical day of freestyle, back stroke, and breast stroke. The last couple of gym classes the kids were introduced to the basics of fencing (the kids loved it) this week they played steal the bacon and then did numerous runs through the obstacle course. Each time having to use different footwork on the ladder, the hurdles, and the hula hoops. All the kids were T-I-R-E-D.
Tonight B has book club at the library. A non-stop Monday today.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment